Friday, July 15, 2022

Thought for the Day - Luxury Is Being Fully There so Time Stops

 So this question came up the other day? How can we live our lives luxuriously? Can we make the very lives we have luxurious? No fancy cars, no fancy hotels, no silks etc.

My beautiful salt lamp!


I realised that luxury is nothing but knocking out time. Or rather stretching time. Let's say we have a bath as opposed to a luxurious bath that the royals may have had. Or a meal as opposed to a luxurious meal. What's the difference? 

The difference is just our involvement in it. Our not being worried about time. I take my own time with my bath, or with my meal, and I enjoy it like any king. That's luxury. Nothing else. On the other hand we can have golden baths and showers, a five star meal, but we hurry through it mindlessly - it is not luxurious at all.

So I tried it.

A luxurious bath with no time, no future thought. Just me and my bath. And then I did it with my meal. And then with my book. With my walk. With my conversations. With everything.

I can spend a minute with a person but luxuriate in the feeling. Stretch it. Feel it. Be there fully. Enjoy the moment.

Luxury is when time stops. 

No comments: