Saturday, January 22, 2022

Day 4 in Quarantine

 Day 4 since I tested positive. Fever has certainly come down and so have other symptoms - though the cold seems to have a mind of its own. The soreness in the throat has definitely shown improvement. I got a scare this afternoon when I could not smell the strong smells of Rollon (a balm) but then when I woke up I found my sense of smell intact (for other stuff like coffee etc)  That was some kind of a relief.

Anyway the morning effect of finishing 'The Book Thief' seems to have cleared my sinuses or whatever gets the nose and stuff to clog up and I was in some sort of a daze. Nothing that some music cannot cure. Also I realise that nothing that some funny jokes cannot cure. Looking now to watch some funny stuff.

But I must say that it is always nice to have people sending in messages, or jokes, or songs or stuff or even just a hello. Makes you kind of look forward to that. Let me see - off the blog which is a rare circumstance Naveen (get well soon from Singapore), Abhinay (called)...and off the blog there's been Nalini, Chanti, Ram (sent me an Oximeter because ours was not working), Mythily (offered to make soup), Anu, Prarthana, Niveditha (pictures of some yummy food as incentive to get well), Vanathi (take care message), Chandra (sent some links to some fine songs by Janis Ian), Hari Bhavadas (he is always checking on me every day and sending me some stuff to read), Mani (sent me a video of some sexy yoga teacher teaching pranayama), Vasu (calls every day), Ranjan (messages kya haal hai), Koni (uncharacteristically concerned and resulted in a couple of calls already), Nisha and Rajesh (called yesterday), Don (checks every day and gives doctorly advise and updates on co sufferers), Taher (chatted, joked and offered to chat when I am bored..also to eat khatti daal, ghosh at his place), Keerti (advice), Gowri (concern), Aditi (chirpy and concerned), Mahendra (concern and advise), Vidyuth (take it easy dude), Subbu (no problem, will be fine), Joel (advise as usual), Rajesh (take care), Michael (I'll keep you in my prayers), Varun (you'll be fine sir) etc. I didn't tell many because they might get unnecessarily concerned.

It is nice to know there is so much love and concern. Didn't mean to write out a big list but what the hell, it makes me feel nice to know there's so many out there sending me love. Not to forget Anjali's 'How're you?' once in a while and constant fussing over by Shobhs.

Thank you all and of course all of those who love me anyways irrespective. :)

No comments: