Monday, January 10, 2022

Anjali - Daksha's New Head Girl!

 After a week or so of campaigning and speeches and making posters and attending online sessions, Daksha School went to elect its Student Council for 2022. Anjali put in her nomination for Head Girl and as she always does, followed process seriously and ticked off all boxes with utmost diligence. I was not involved in any of the activities but I saw her making posters, practicing her speeches, heard it a couple of times and on a walk, got an update on who was contesting and so on.

Head Girl (middle) in conversation with her cousin

From Friday to Monday was a long wait. She got her vaccination on Saturday and was down with some fever yesterday. Today morning was the day of the results and she was up and about - with no fever. I could hear a bit of what was going on, busy as I was with my column writing. Sometime we peeped into her room to ask what happened and she gave a thums up.

 Head Girl!

Nice. The result is fine but the process was interesting. I asked her if she would grant me an interview and she finally said 'yes'. I am hoping we actually get to do that.

It will be interesting to see how she goes about with her new responsibility and knowing her I know she will do a good job and involve everyone. As always such positions teach you a lot and when she was walking to the shop today evening I detected a slightly more confident air about her. I remember cricket did that to me. I am sure it will add a few layers of confidence and experience to her too.

Congratulations Anjali and wishing you all the very best.  

No comments: