Friday, January 21, 2022

Cat Among the Pigeons - Agatha Christie

 Anjali decided I needed some fun and light reading in my quarantine period and told me to read this book. I have either read it before or seen a movie but anyway, it was fun and light.



Poirot does not appear until very late in the story. One chapter is entirely full of letters written by various people to others. It looks like the author was experimenting in a rather bored manner wit the changes in structure and I wondered if she would change the end too - where everyone is rounded up and Poirot reveals the killer. By now most killers would know there s no point in waiting till then and I had killed twice by then, I would certainly kill Poirot before the final scene. But all killers show up and get shot or arrested.

I also found it difficult to understand why someone had to kill two people to get their hands on a tennis racquet. Rather inelegant. But then, breezy, and in the end - you'd never have guessed who the killer was. (In this case it was Ann Shepland.)

No comments: