Sunday, January 23, 2022

Fascinating to Hear About Sanjay Agarwal

Sanjay was this handsome, ever smiling, smart and cricket crazy young lad who was two years our junior. Full of beans and always with an active and aware mind Sanjay topped his class and loved his cricket. He played Inter Collegiate and was a doughty batsman who would be smart about accumulating runs and a highly competent leg spinner. 

Sanjay - bottom right

Among other things, I remember one particular day when he drove us all mad. We would play this short version of cricket, small square, everyone crowding around the bat. The batsman has to play out - can't hit beyond the square (12 feet), one bounce out. Batsmen would not survive more than an over or two. Sanjay did the equivalent of getting a thousand runs that day - whatever we did he never got out. Incredible. We just pulled our hair out. And there were two state players in me and Subbu in that mix.

But overall very pleasant memories of the lad, a fantastic team mate. Definitely not someone who you would forget even after not meeting for four decades.

Someone once said he was doing well as a software engineer and entrepreneur and I expected nothing less from him.

And then Vijay sends me an audio clip a couple of weeks ago and says guess who. I heard this voice talking about the gayathri mantra and could not identify the voice. Then he sent me this link.

https://www.bhriguashram.org/ver6/index.php

Young Sanjay is now known as Sanjay ji and has a 200 acre ashram in California called the Shree Maharishi Bhrigu Ashram. The website talks about divine guidance coming directly from Maharshi Bhrigu I am completely out of sorts as far as this aspect goes but Sanjay seems to have evolved rapidly on the spiritual path and from whatever I have read and seen, he is doing some great work. I hope he gets some time to play cricket on his ashram - and if he does, it might be fun to get the team to go there and meet him. By far the greatest career change I have seen in all the people I have known. 

No comments: