Monday, January 24, 2022

Day 6 in Quarantine

 Quiet day in quarantine. Spent a bit of time in the backyard reading Ínquilab' by Khwaja Ahmed Abbas, gifted to me by Chandrahas - a 1955 edition, beautifully preserved and owned by one PB Naidu who bought it for Rs. 3 from AH Wheeler. The book itself tells a fascinating tale about the journey of a young man from Delhi, Anwar Ali in the days between 1919 onwards. I am so glad I read this book and I am amazed why such books have not been part of our curriculum instead of reading English poets and stuff. For long hours in the morning and in the evening I sat out and read.

And then for long hours I slept.

The cold is however being persistent and I guess I will let it figure when it has to go. The throat is much better. Cooped up in the room has its minuses but I guess the worst is over so I will wait it out.

Couple of calls - Vasu was one. Suman messaged me wishing me a speedy recovery. Very sweet of him. 

Ah the morning also went into writing the article for NIE. Rather a hastily put together one because I am not too focussed but I got it done. Haven't been able to do much writing and maybe I will start later this week. 

No comments: