Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Thought for the Day - The Many Parts of Us

 When I first wrote the 'Misfit', my yet unpublished novel, which I will someday publish, I thought of having four different characters as four characters within the same person. I did that because I knew that there were different parts of me which reacted differently to different people and circumstances.



For example,with some people I am laid back, with some I am responsible, with some I am fun, with some I am extroverted, with some I am introverted, with some I am intense. Some think I am organised, some think I am careless. Some think I am soft, some think I am not. Some think I am selfish, some think I am kind.

I am all of that. And more.

And I realise that I become what the other person somehow seems to attract. In an ideal situation I can be myself whatever the person is like. But as I am now, I can see how much the other person influences how i am, either by their energy or their expectations. Right now I am a lot depending on the other.

It also gives me space to think that I probably do the same to others. When people are nice to me its because I am allowing them to be nice to me. When people are not nice to me, again its because I am allowing them the freedom to be not nice.

It's fantastic. But its all me. And we hold all the strings.    

No comments: