Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Day 7 in Quarantine

 Dr Krishnan says I can now get out of isolation - am no longer infectious. I however have this slight cold and I think I will isolate another day - celebrate Republic Day in isolation! Perhaps test on the day after.

I can see how I started with not even wanting to see the phone or read anything and just slept for the first couple of days and then slowly fell into reading, and only yesterday I have been able to watch a movie. Useless facts.

The meds have fallen off. 

I have begun to enjoy the outing in the backyard with my book and coffee. The place where my chair is looks directly up at the branches of the tree, skyward, and I love watching the small birds, squirrels racing up and down the branches, butterflies flitting about and then you realise there is a whole busy world out there that you aren't noticing. Akela normally is deep in her sleep. I also love how the mango trees stumps have grown new leaves - they look so fresh almost as if to challenge me and say - hey you thought you could cut my branches off - look what you got.

It's a different world, a beautiful world. Blue sky, green leaves, happy birds. You could spend hours looking at it.

A small life then is what one would like. Where one has the time to do this and only this. Not much else. Sometimes I wonder what I am doing in this world that seems to be running on a completely different track. And then you get the answer - the sky, the trees, the birds, the squirrels and butterflies - they still remain the same. Long as they are there, I am good.


No comments: