Thursday, January 20, 2022

Omicron Strikes

 After escaping the virus for all this while I finally met it a couple of days ago. Since I am quarantined for a week at least I thought I'd blog about it.

January 17, 2022

That's when I noticed something amiss - a slight cold. Somehow it cautioned me to keep Anjali away all day and also fully mask myself when I went for chai with Vasu. Nothing untoward all day. I had sent off my article for the newspaper and was now looking forward to meeting the acupuncture doctor - Dr Mallikarjun, at Niveditha's house.

Anjali was all set to come. Lunch was planned and menu decided. All set.

Tomorrow's mom's birthday She would have been 90 today. She passed away in 2002.


January 18, 2022

I woke up feeling rather normal but there was this niggling feeling. I worked a bit on Mom's blog and shared with my siblings and nephews.

We were all set to leave at 11 when we decided to check my temperature once. It was 99. We checked with Dr and with Niveditha. She had great presence of mind - despite the fact that we might all miss out on a fun time over lunch she said we should wait two days.

I isolated. Slept like nobody's business. All day. The temperature rose to 100.5. Slept some more. Temperature rose to 102. Slept, slept, slept.

Spoke to Don and Dr Krishnan. Both advised Dolo 650 and isolation. (And good food and rest)

Keerti messaged. She had just recovered from a bout of COVID. Dolo for five days she said.


January 19, 2022

Got Shobhs to buy all the stuff I need - meds, coconut water, snacks, oximeter (Ram sent one finally). Including a home test kit. We tried it. The result showed up really quick. Positive.

I wasn't surprised or anything. Just got more careful with my isolation. Had taken a Crocin 650 (I always felt Crocin worked better for me. It did, but it was really slow acting. All day the fever was down and in the evening it shot up again to 101.5. A Crocin 650 at 530 and off to sleep as much as I can. But hey, no sleep came. It was a most uncomfortable night. I had to get up at 3 in the morning and take another Crocin. Still no sleep.

Woke up at 530 and wrote Morning Pages. 


January 20, 2022

Decided to switch to Dolo 650.

Also asked Dr Krishnan if I need to take anything for my throat. Right now my temperature hovers around 99, have a mild sore throat as in no pain but voice gone hoarse, and this cold that blocks my nose.

Steam inhalation. Sleep. Switched to Dolo. It seemed to have worked better. Or am I imagining things.

I am stepping out into the backyard for some fresh air once or twice a day - masked and distanced. This could well be Day 2 after testing positive. Waiting out for the next five days.

 Funnily dont feel like reading or writing or watching stuff or speaking to anyone. Just sleeping a lot. 

2 comments:

Abhinay Renny said...

Wish you a speedy recovery sir. Rest well.

Harimohan said...

Thanks Abhinay :)