Saturday, January 8, 2022

Thought for the Day - Are We Living or Escaping Our Lives?

 Life they say is to be enjoyed. To be lived. 


What does it mean to 'live' your life? 

Today I was talking to my young friend Hari who is not yet fourteen and he said casually - sometimes I catch myself thinking what is the meaning of life? Why do we exist? Or something to that effect.

I found it quite interesting. We spoke a little. I think we concluded it like this.

It's like we have this mass of clay that we have been given - our life. We can do what we want with it and enjoy the process or we can just dump it. What we want to do with it is entirely our choice and that's is what it will mean to us anyway. Take your lump of clay, do what you want, and relax.

Living your life is exactly that I guess - living it the way 'you' want. 

No comments: