Monday, May 28, 2012

Thought for the Day - You the Filter

I love this imagery. That I am the filter, a very subtle one. And that the input into the filter is life flowing through me. If I block the flow with negative emotions and thoughts, with garbage that my filter has collected over the years, then life will be a struggle. It will have a tough time expressing itself. I will struggle as I try to shape life as it flows through me, as I try to stop it, restrain it. There is immense pressure on me.

On the output side, there is a trickle.
Photo by Satish

Though it is all because of the garbage in the filter I tend to blame life itself and say that life is not giving me enough.

I need to trust life and allow it to flow easily. Then there is something in the output. There is a flow.

My constant job is to keep the filter as clean as possible. This I can do by keeping my thoughts in an anticipatory mood as life flows in. I say YES and trust the flow of life as it happens and let it flow through me instead of stopping it and trying to examine it before it passes. When i let it flow I express myself! Or rather I let life express itself through me fully. And that state, when life flows through me in full flow, is bliss.

To say YES to life as it comes then. To not question and ask too much. To let go and feel it flow through. To know it will all take care of itself. To know that life is on my side and not against me. To express myself fully then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so true. Thank you for expressing that thought.
Cat

Harimohan said...

Thanks Anon.