Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Three Friends!

 I was at the end of my walk when I noticed these three gentlemen, early in the day at about 730 am, walking towards perhaps their workplace. They were ahead of me on the Metro pavement and were deeply immersed in their conversation, occupying the entire breadth of the pavement. By their clothes I could make out they were doing a lot of manual labour, perhaps some kind of technicians, as their shirts were dirty.


 What struck me was the easy camaraderie, the animated discussions they were having, the peace of the morning before the tensions of the day, their jobs and their lives take over. I wondered where they were from, what their families were doing, what their hopes were, what their fears were, what they were like as children. They were not wearing masks but I am sure they were bothered about the pandemic and that they worry about what would happen if they contracted the virus. I wondered how their health was, whether they had their lunch organised or whether they were on their roza.

I wish I had taken the picture when they were still inside the railing because their demeanour there was even more contained. But I am glad I still got a pic, of the three friends, and hope that they sustain the energy, humor and strength as they go along and that all goes well with them.

It is a beautiful world. 

No comments: