Sunday, April 18, 2021

Anjali - Better Not Proffer Unnecessary Advise

 While on the same walk, Anjali made this observation.


'Nanna,' she said. 'Sometimes, I get this feeling to share this information I have, this gyan that I hear from you all in terms of self-help, coaching or counselling etc. Then I realised that people are not too keen to hear that and stopped saying that. Nowadays I share it lightly and sometimes they pick it up, understand it from their point and use it if they find it useful.'

Absolutely. What was that quote I had heard - "To give advice is bad, but to give good advice is absolutely fatal." Many times we are keen to share principles and philosophies and most times we thrust them on people who are doing quite fine without. It si better then, to follow Anjali's path and leave the thought hanging loosely in the air - if they want to pick it up they will else no harm done.

Good one A.  


No comments: