Friday, April 9, 2021

Anjali - I Flopped Badly at Taking Feedback

 So Anjali learned to design digital posters and websites recently and is helping out Shobhs preparing her collateral. She made one for her new course and showed it. I gave her some suggestions and then she asked Pallavi, who has far more knowledge in the area of design and visual (she studied photography at the film school in UCLA and is much accomplished) for some suggestions. Pallavi said she would drop in and they could work on it.


I could see them both working on it for a long time and then Pallavi left. Not long after Anjali came to me with a big smile and said 'Nanna, I flopped badly at taking feedback today.' We both laughed at her realisation but the fact that she is aware is in itself a huge thing.

(I am pretty bad at it myself. But I try.)

I guess the realisation came to Anjali more so because she wrote this fine blog post recently about dealing criticism. I liked that post and I think writing about it probably made her more aware.

https://paruvuanjali.blogspot.com/2021/03/dealing-with-criticism.html

It's a good path she is on. I feel if one can learn how to take feedback well, one has made it. I am trying too to get better at it.


No comments: