Thursday, December 17, 2009

Yogananda garu - True Selfless Service to Thousands

Back on the health route. In January when everything was looking dark and I was clutching at any straw to make sense of the situation (post-decision to postpone kidney biopsy and steroid route due to uncertainty), Sailaja, in her typical enthusiastic manner dragged me to 'this wonderful practitioner who deals with an age old healing that comes from herbs and plants, a knowledge that has been transferred from ancient times through healers to their families, through word of mouth and through personal training of healers who show a propensity to heal'. I listened with apprehension, what will he give me? Is is ayurveda, which Mani had said will lay me low in a few days and take me to the grave (drama)? What is it that he will give me? Trust me, she said, I have great faith in him, he has treated my aunt, my father and treats many high profile patients quietly. I trusted her and off I went quietly without telling anyone.
He has a health camp every Sunday at the AG colony near ESI, close to my home. I was quite surprised to see that there were close to 100 odd people from all walks of life milling about, the list actually had over 150. The old, the infirm, the young, people with all kinds of problems seemed to be there. There were people waiting from early in the morning, people from out of town, out of state, the very poor which constituted much of the patients and some of the upper strata.
The clinic, a residential quarter of the AG office, is located right at the very back end of the beautiful campus. Not many living quarters appeared to be inhabited, most were locked. Tall trees swayed about, well laid out roads, a nice ground where children played cricket, it is a peaceful place for healing. They erected a shamiana at their own cost so patients do not suffer in the sun and rain, provide cool drinking water and even butter milk in summer and do everything to make the ill comfortable. The entire operation is driven by volunteers, mostly older.
Sailaja dragged me into a vortex of patients who surrounded a sixty year old man sitting at a desk. When our turn came (eveything is strictly on first come first basis, no exceptions), I was asked to fill in a form with details of my case and then given a number on a chit. That chit and number is sacrosanct because in all their thousands of files, they can trace mine only through that. And then we waited for our number to come.
Our turn came. We must enter the area without footwear, they are very particular that we take the footwear off even before the steps.
In the small room inside, Yogananda garu sat. A wise man with a twinkle in his eye, maybe in his late fifties or sixties, an energy that exudes confidently, a demeanour that says he knows the impermanence of life and the dramas we play with our health and most importantly the love that he bestows on each and every individual with a deep intent to heal to the best of his ability. He is assisted by a team of 3 younger healers who periodically look to him for guidance.
The entire process took no longer than five minutes. He first chatted with Sailaja, held her wrist, smiled, asked his fellow healers to hold her wrist and nodded satisfactorily. Later Sailaja told me that he always appreciated the energy flow she radiated. Then he heard me out, saw my foot, saw the reports, held my wrist and declared 'You have been losing protein for more than a year'. Which was true. I had noticed some changes in the urine almost a year ago. He reeled off a set of diet instructions - boil all food twice, no non veg, no certain vegetables, no fruit, no salt - interspersed with a 'you will hate me for this, but it is important.' I nodded dazed. 'Don't worry you will be okay,' he said and smiled and off I was.
Outside we waited until our name is called and then a packet of a powder was given, with specific instructions on how to take it and when and what to eat.
It is all free!

For all 200 patients or how many ever choose to come Yogananda does not charge a single paisa! He serves with the commitment of a person who knows that he has a healing secret and he knows how to deliver it and he will do everything in his power to take it to whoever needs it. His band of ollowers, mostly again in their fifties and sixties do their best in sun and rain to keep these surging crowds in check and control for nothing except the satisfaction that they have healed. The entire operation continues throughout the day, from 8 in the morning till late in the evening!
After the biopsy in November (I religiously went to him every alternate Sunday almost throguh the year) and told him him that I was so glad he was there in those days of uncertainty and when he held my wrist and said all was okay it gave me much confidence and thanked him for that, he smiled. 'I do it because I am only the medium. HE is expressing himself through me, the divine, I only let it happen as purely as I can. All else is in his hands,' he said and smiled. 'Now go back and write your books and do your motivational lectures and stop worrying about your health,' he said.
I asked him if he would read my book. I would love to he said. But get me a copy of those reports so my boys can see the case and do some good work.
I think of him and his band on Sundays when I pass by and wonder at the things some humans do, at the love and selflessness that they bring into this world and I think, I will also do something like that. Thank you Yogananda garu, for the thought, the act and the deed. Your healing can never go wrong with such pure intention, such spirit.
Thank you for everyting and mostly for the inspiration. I think of you and know that we can make a difference if we only we wish to in our own way, in our own corner of the world away from the glare of spotlight and commerce.
And the good God will find some way around for us!

51 comments:

Ravindra said...

Kindly provide us contact nos of Yogananda garu

Harimohan said...

Ravindra I am sorry but I do not have his number. He and his band of volunteers worked out of the AG Colony premises (near ESI Hospital in Hyderabad) every Sunday morning and probably still do. I am sure you may get some information if you go there.

Chalukyas said...

Thanks Harimohan garu. Most of our family members see this doctor and our experince similar what you have said in blog. He can deal critical diseases free of cost. For some one who want to visit, please note the following,
- no appointments etc
- just walkin between 10-12PM on Sunday to AG colony near ESI.
- reach AG colony and ask any one inside the quarters they can guide you
- do take all your reports including BP/suger etc which will be handy for the yogananda guruji.

Kiran said...

I went there today, I cannot vouch for the results yet. But, there were indeed a lot of people coming in from near and far places. For those who need directions, here are the coordinates that you can use on google maps 17.447116, 78.428694 or the link https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/17%C2%B026'49.6%22N+78%C2%B025'43.3%22E/@17.447116,78.428694,724m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

Unknown said...

Hi,
Please provide any contact details.
Do we need to take prior appointment.

Harimohan said...

Dear Amit, I am afraid but I do nothave any contact number. The coordinates are as given above by Kiran (or as mentioned in my blog - which is now rather dated). Good luck.

Chalukyas said...

As this ia free service, thsy only serve patients who come there. It in AG colony near ESI hyderabad. Ensure to take all the reports. It's generally available during Sunday morning till noon.

Unknown said...

Sir urgent

Unknown said...

My mother had bone marrow cancer yoganand Garu treatment chestara sir chapande

Harimohan said...

Ms. Jhansi I apologise for the late reply. Could not access the net for a few days. Please try and contact him at the ESI colony clinic.

I would also suggest you google for the Tibetan medicine which many say is working wonders for cancer. I do not know much but among alternate medicines I have heard good stories about the McCleodganj Tibetan medicine too. Hope your mother recovers soon and has a healthy, pain free life.

Unknown said...

what patient should eat for bone marrow cancer

Harimohan said...

Ms. Jhansi I have written about my experiences as a patient or what I have heard from others, on this blog. I have no expertise in these matters. I suggest you meet Yogananda garu or contact him or other medical experts for further advise. Wishing you well. Regards

Chalukyas said...

@Jhansi Pulla, you should be following suggestions of your doctor (allopathic etc) till you meet Yogananda garu.

PanduRanga said...

Hi all - I came to know about this great soul recently and what I heard is much inline with the page creator view. Thank you for spreading this news via this blog!!

Has anyone visited Yoganand sir in recent times? if so, at what time I need to be at the venue to get the token please? is it only on Sundays?

Any help would be much appreciated. thank you in advance!

amita said...

Dr. Yoganand address Quarter B- 241 AG colony hyderabad available on sundays whole day and wednesday evenings.

Harimohan said...

Thanks for sharing the address Amita.

Anonymous said...

My father suffering from sciatica problem. Is there any treatment for sciatica

vamsee said...

Thanks Mr kiran Garu...u rake the co ordinates fro ur post,its helped me a lot.....to reach this place....

Unknown said...

Give doctor number

Harimohan said...

There's no number. One has to go there, get a token and see him.

Anonymous said...

Google maps location : https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/AG+Colony+Bus+Stop/@17.4469853,78.4285775,118m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x3bcb911ffa4d103f:0x2eb66ea15340e812!8m2!3d17.4483464!4d78.4291729?hl=en

Unknown said...

OM Namo Narayanaya

I strongly believe that, He is a walking Saint and a 'Dhanvantari', the doctor of devathas, who came down to earth.

I have closely observed him for the last 3 years and seen many patients get the benefit his miraculous healing powers to have their health completely restored.

And he does all this without taking any fees for him or for medicines !!!

My Master successfully treats Chronic Health Problems such as , Neuro Problems, Disc Related Problems, , Heart Problems, , Psoriasis, Allergies, Skin Related issues etc., which amazes all the Allopathic doctors, who believe that most of these are incurable.

One can’t approach him without God's Grace.

Once again I thank the LORD for giving me an opportunity to have an association with my Spiritual Master ( Great Saint Yoganandha )

sharma said...

sir
Please give the address and contact no for appointment of pujya shri Dr.Yogananad garu
thanking u
sharma

Harimohan said...

The information is shared in the thread above Mr. Sharma.

Krishna said...

Clear adreess pls. Ag colony means a.g residency in ameerpet?

Krishna said...

Ag colony means ag residency in ameerpet?

Chalukyas said...

AG Colony
Hyderabad, Telangana

https://goo.gl/maps/HeW2FqdRRH42

Anonymous said...

Hello Sir,
I know him very well. We were neighbors for about 4 years in A G Colony. But, that was 8 years ago. Is he still there or has shifted to another place.
Thank you

Anonymous said...

My father has an appointment tomorrow. Will let you know the updates.

Sumohini said...

His medicine has miraculous healing power!
My personal experience.
I am truly blessed that I reached him...

nivedhitha said...

very nice article best ayurvedic hospital in ameerpet

Padma said...

Namasthe Yoganandaji:

I am Padma , I stay in Gurgaon NCR delhi. I have few ailments which i want to get it cured through your medicine. I got your reference from one of your patient Mrs.Jaya.
I am coming in sept just for few days to Hyderabad.As you are available only on Sundays, I would lke to meet on 9th sept which is sunday. It would be great if you can give appointment on any other day in evenings from 5th to 8th sept.
My email padma.nandyal@gmail.com
with high regards
Padma

Unknown said...

I am from Punjab I want to get myself checked by sh yaganand ji forparalysis 20years old if guruji is available in every Sunday if he misses some Sunday then what is the alternate day as I will come to Hyderabad getting return ticket it may not be possible to stay in Hyderabad for longer period

Unknown said...

I am from Mumbai, is treatment available for fibroids ill as one of family member suffering with fibroids issue. Could you please confirm ? So that we will plan to come hyderabad .. please help ASAP !!!

Unknown said...

Is the clinic open in these days

Sathvika Sharma said...

Hello,
I am Sathvika and I need to know if Yogananda Garu is available at the premises. I am in need of urgent medicines for my Aunt.
Amidst this COVID situation, it is hard to get any information on the updates. I request anyone who knows about this to kindly contact me on: 9704302719 or email: v.sathvikasharma@gmail.com

Thank you.

Unknown said...

Is available treatment for social anxiety disorders also



Anu Kushwaha said...

Can anyone tell if Dr. Yoganand has started his services again after lockdown has ended. Pls let me know I need him for my parents. Thank you.

Anil said...

Hello PPl if anyone got contact of Yoganand sir or his details. Please share with us. My Contact number is 9884434188/7337319874. I am looking for treatment to my younger brother who is having Brain tumor looking for immediate help.Please help us .

Junaid said...

Hello,sir iam waiting for youganand sir for my wife's treatment of bronchitis cough.I tried many doctors but no can give a reliving treatment.but when i start youganand sir treatment the cough really gone.i dont have medicine from the lockdown.so i really need that medicine iam going to his clinic every sunday but the clinic is closed from lockdown to till.so sir kindly start your service because all of your peasants need you.if u start your service elsewhere kindly inform me on this no.or mesg me.i will be very thankful to you.

Junaid said...

7013168731 this is my contact no.kindly inform me whenever you start your service.plzz.

Sriram valluri said...

Sir is Yogananda ji available now?

Harimohan said...

Not sure Sriram.

Hunish Bansal said...

Hello. Can we share the reports with anyone from his team and get the advise? Is it necessary to visit there with patient? Can I just go and get the medicine for my mother? Please help!

vamshikrishnadoli said...

Have visited AG Colony but the lace is closed, Can someone help me with the Yogananda ji availability, my 2 year baby needs help.My contact number- 9985371716

Unknown said...

Hello,Is there any possibility of meeting Yogananda Guruji now ? Please let me know if there is any other address.

Sandhya Rao said...

Hello all,Can anyone share the know about of Guruji.I had once been to AG staff quarters last month only to find that the place is closed.Would be a great help if his details shared.Thank you.

Unknown said...

Sir I want to consult doctor garu this Sunday is it possible kindly reply

Vijaya said...

May I have appointment for yoganandagurujion this Sunday

Unknown said...

Can anybody share Dr yogananda ayurvdedic doctor contact no at ag colony eisi pl

Unknown said...

He is a Great Good Samaritan doing yeomen service since decades without expecting anything. Pranams to his feet.