Tuesday, September 7, 2010

More Silence

Since about 5 p.m. on Saturday I have been on silent mode. Going on nicely. I can see that with rest the vocal chords are slowly opening up. I mean really slowly. Till yesterday I could not even clear my throat properly. I'd sound like a car engine that refuses to start. Most frustrating. But today there is light at the end of the tunnel i.e. sound at the bottom of the well. My throat, when I clear it, makes slightly normal noises. I can speak with a whisper more easily (even that is a huge step forward) and when I try to speak I squeak more easily.

And I wonder how much we abuse all the gifts we are given. I can see how wonderfully this gift of voice, of being able to speak can be used, if one wishes to. Instead we hardly say anything that matters really. If only we used it to speak our minds, to put forth thoughts and ideas, to argue when it is required. I wonder how much we take for granted, how we misuse and abuse, and how we trivialize everything just because we have it. Now.

Tomorrow, I guess I'll move from squeak to hoarse or gruff.

1 comment:

Rajendra said...

The thought applies to life itself...nature around us...and of course, the people..