Sunday, October 9, 2022

Deewar - Movie

 While watching PS1 Anjali saw the Amitabh Bachchan festival that was announced at PVR - Deewar, Don etc. She immediately said she wanted to watch Deewar and we booked tickets and here we are. The theatre was full and though we booked well in advance, we got seats third from the screen.


I was unsure how ti would be watching it now after so  many years 0 45 years and more looks like - but not for a moment did I get bored. And it was fantastic the way they did not miss a trick - piling it on scene by scene moment by moment. I realised how they took care of the details - when Amitabh comes to the temple all injured and gets off the car, he first kicks off his shoes before he enters the temple! Stuff like that.

Could not resist this 

Could have done without Aruna Irani's song perhaps but Amitabh was just as good as ever. His eyes, his style, his body language, he just loomed over everyone in every scene. No wonder we'd go nuts watching his movies then. Anjali was happily whooping and clapping with the rest at the scenes, the dialogues.

Fantastic.  I asked myself - hey would you watch it again tomorrow - and I think, why not? I would happily do that. Can't say that about many new movies though. 

No comments: