Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Girivan - A Meeting of Cousins (Old Associates)

 Chhaya and Shubha, Shobha's cousins, were in Pune - from Germany and Australia respectively, after a long time. I have not seen them in years, a decade or so I guess. Anyway they were our partners in crime in those hedy 90s when we would all gang up at Happy Colony, play loud music and drink rum and coke and perhaps sing along more often than not. It was a great time that we had so when we knew they were in town, one of us decided to go. Finally turned out to be me.


The meeting was at Girivan which is a lovely place some 90 minutes away from Pune (been there before some years ago). It took us over two hours to get there from Magarpatta and Gauri and Mangala tai and me kept company along the way. Once there we met everyone present - Asha maushi, Shashi maushi, Prashanth, Chitra, Meera, Chhaya, Shubha, Parth, Maria, Manik maushi, Jyo, Mihir, Miskil, Kabir. Lewis and Maxine came with us and we were joined by Khayal.

I met my best friend from Australia - Maya - Shubha's daughter who decided to take me straight to the rabbits. We promised each other that we would be best friends forever and she instantly asked me as best friend if I could get her ice cream. I realised that my old failing of saying more than I should got me into this (I old her she could ask me anything she wanted). Luckily I found her an ice cream and things were smooth enough for us to end on the same high note. 






Lewis and the rabbits

Maya and me - BFFs

Lewis, Maya, Khayal and Maxine

Lewis, Khayal and Maxine
Some nice lunch, tea and we headed back. I took a ride with Mihir which was quite pleasant as we discussed his life as an activist and a social worker.





No comments: