Monday, October 24, 2022

A Lovely Note from Pawan - Just a Drop!

 I got this lovely note from Pawan today wishing me a Happy Deepavali. It was the best I received today. I like Pawan and his thought process - he was a very interesting cricketer and thinks very differently. Here's what he sent.

Happy Deepavali!

 Just a small drop 💧 

A couple of days ago, when I was going to bed, I heard the sound of drops of water from the tap in the bathroom in slow succession, but since it was dropping into an empty bucket, I decided to let it be.

When I woke up the next morning, the bucket was almost full! I was surprised that just drops even in such slow successions could produce that much.

I couldn't help it, 'Just drops?!' I questioned rhetorically.

The following night, I made sure that the tap in my bathroom was locked completely and I checked the bucket and saw that it was empty, though wet. Then I went back to sleep.

The next morning, the bucket was not wet as I had left it, but it was now completely dry!

Then I suddenly realized the importance of a drop and how much difference it can make in all ramifications of one's life compared to a dry tap.

Imagine letting the drops be for a year, I would be scooping with drums at the end of the year!

That is the kind of difference a Drop can make. 


So, how about that drop in savings and investment?

How about that drop of kindness and love every day? 

How about a drop in reading useful books or financial posts today and every day?

How about that drop of a verse of the scripture, a drop of prayer and worship today and every day?

How about a drop a step towards your dream and passion today and every day?

How about a drop of giving into your charity account?

What virtue and discipline will you start today in little drops?


Start the drops today,

Never neglect the importance of a drop, for when the harvest time comes, you would have made a big difference. 

So this Deepavali, let's start adding at least a drop of all good things regularly. 

Happy Deepavali!

No comments: