Thursday, December 30, 2021

Srivardhan - Trip to the Western Coast

 Once a year, Shobha's band of cousins gang up and head towards this beach called Srivardhan on the west coast. 

Enroute to Srivardhan from Pune

Mama dhaba

The group varies from 12-24 I guess and ages range from 2 to 80 (not all cousins). I have been there three or four times and it had been quite some time since I last went, so it was interesting for me.

Sane Guruji ashram

We drove from Pune, me not driving for I was feeling a little woolly headed. 

Beach at Srivardhan

The resort is behind the trees

Gauri's car and driver, Rakesh, were with us and we went quietly on our way - Gauri, Jyo, Shobhs, Anjali and me in this car. 

Sunset at the beach 

Ghoda gaadi

Parth, Maria, Mangala tai in theirs. We met up at Ambrosia and some places shifted. 
Gloaming

Breakfast

Next stop at Quick Bite, a lovely place at Mulshi where one must spend a day and night on the banks of the lake. Ate some breakfast and off we went to Mangaon where we stopped at Sane Guruji's place and wandered around. Finally landed up at Srivardhan by 3 pm.

Cricket on beach

Boats going on land

Bakul, Sudhindra, Anuraag and Avani landed up from Mumbai. Games, jokes, stories, beach and fun. Nice meals. Some rum and stuff. 

Promenade - a 3 km walk I enjoyed

Helipad at the end

I slept early. It wasn't as cold as I thought and I got up early next morning but didn't dare walk on the beach. 

Promenade from the end

Nivant Sagar resort

I got up late, had breakfast and walked to the end of the beach. In the evening I went for a dip in the sea. Milind and Neelima came the second day so it was fun with the bonfire and all.

Rooms behind

Nivant Sagar from behind

Mulshi lake

Overall, good fun On the way back we stopped at Quick Bite again and came back home.       

Cricket match - serious stuff

No comments: