Friday, November 5, 2021

The Listening Path - Julia Cameron

 After 'The Artist's Way' I was gifted this book by Anjali. Julia has started me on the practices of Morning Pages, Artist Dates and Walks. This book is all about listening, or rather, receiving.


Its a practice of six weeks of - listening to your environment, to others, to our higher self, beyond the veil, our heroes and to silence. 

Listening to the Environment -The practice starts with acutely listening to what goes on around us. 

Listening to Others - This is about inner and outer listening, how to listen with the whole body, active listening, how to listen to learn, listening to the human face, how to surrender control, how to make listening an act of love, how to listen to your inner voice (and how to stop listening to some), ow to take our own advice.

Listening to our Higher Self - Listen to the still, small voice inside, ask queries - what should I do, what do I need to know, what do I need to accept, what do I need to try, what do I need to grieve, what do I need to celebrate. It talks of reading as listening and how listening can quell anxiety.

Listening beyond the veil - Here she talks about listening to those who are in the other side, thos ewho have passed on but who are available to us with their wisdom. Ask - can I hear form X?

Listening to Our Heroes - Write to your heroes and ask, you will get answers.

Listening to Silence - She cites the value of silence, of seeking silence even in a world full of noise.

It's a valid point. That listening is receiving. I will try out some of these exercises. Thanks Anjali for the lovely gift. 

  

No comments: