Friday, October 29, 2010

Off to Pune by Road

A road trip to Pune tomorrow. Anjali seems okay with the idea though she wavers between travel by bus. 'We'll go by bus,' she declares and we wonder if she will throw a tantrum when she sees the car. Then she says it is okay if we travel by car. 'Okay, nanna,' she tells me encouragingly. And then a complete volte face. 'I do not want to go to Pune mamma,' she declares. 'I will stay with my dolls. They are waiting for me. I will stay with Chitra maushi and Prashanth Kaka.' And when we say she can stay back and we'd like to go, she changes her mind again.

It has been a long time since I had a long road trip and am looking forward to this. And to a week of chilled out time in Pune with friends and family. Sinhagad, Deccan gymkhana, lazy mornings, late nights, Main street, shopping, maybe a drive to Lonavla or some other place close by - lots of possibilities. More from there.

No comments: