Thursday, August 6, 2020

Anjali - I Think I Got It Because I was Ok with Anything

Yesterday, while chatting, Anjali said that the Literary Club, of which she was a member, divided responsibilities broadly. They do something with vocabulary, discussion about what they read and role play. There being three of them, they had to choose one.
Pic by Satish Nargundakar

'I wanted to do the discussion about what we read and was not in favour of vocabulary,' she said. 'I somehow thought I would land up with vocabulary but luckily the senior member took that role. I was happy to get the discussion role. I think I got it because I was ok with anything by then.'

That's absolutely right. To have no charge or attachment to what we want is one way of getting it. You don't lose either way. It's a superb state of mind, this not wanting or being ok with anything, because things seem to happen so easily without our intervention.

To me, it's a huge lesson that I learned not very long ago and count it as one of my greatest insights. Anjali said it so casually that I wondered how much it meant to her  - but I let it be at that. Each to their own.
  

No comments: