Friday, December 22, 2023

The Laughing Gas and Other Poems - David T Nicholas

 I found this cute little book with an even cuter title in Anjali's room and flipped it. It was signed by the author for Anjali on April 4, 2022. I checked with her and she said that Tenzin gifted it to her. I do not know any further connections except that Tenzin does gift us a lot of books, so I flipped through.



David's book has this line on the cover page which says - poetry is the freedom of a poet and laughter is to a child. The book is a compilation of 40 poems which are about rainbows. nature, sparrows, happiness, laughing gas, family, brother, sister, a monkey, death, air, memories, walls. They are all written with an honesty, an innocence that is charming, of a world that exists in his life which he wants to share through his poems. Many lines touched me for their honesty, their intent. Though it could have done with some editing, I am so glad David expressed himself through his poems and wish him well and hope he continues to write poetry.

Thanks David and thanks Tenzin.   

No comments: