Friday, December 29, 2023

The Heartfulness Institute, Kanha Shanti Vanam

Madhuri, Pratap and the entire Pai family is into heartfulness meditation for a while now. I have heard much about the Kanha Shanti Vanam campus - mostly from Koni who seems to have done some work there during its construction phase. 



The Sri Ramachandra Misison has found their world capital for their Heartfulness Institute here in Hyderabad which is a beautiful thing but what is more beautiful is how beautiful the place is - I heard so much about it from so many people. Sheelu and her mom, Rao and his entire family.

The Yatra Gardens - something about chakras

So when Rithu, my friend from Osmania University days, a heartfulness practitioner herself, decided to visit the ashram and spend a couple of days here, I told her I would drop her. That way I could also get a peek into this wonder world. I lost my way (is there a hidden message or meaning there?) while searching for Kanha. What showed up first was Kanha Vanam and I did not look further - turns out that its a farm stay. I am rather disappointed in that chap because he must be misguiding many lost souls like me who do not take the extra trouble of looking for the right thing and click on whatever comes first.

Madhuri and Rithu in the campus

Anyway, turns out that we went off track by about 40 minutes or more. Rithu and I picked up Madhuri (who did not let me hear the last of my missing the path). The campus is some 1400 acres according to their website, has some 500000 saplings and already looks brilliant. The meditation hall is impressive, seats 100000 people at one time, there are rooms to stay, hotels, parks, canteens, even badminton academies set up by Gopichand.

Rithus with a sticker (which stuck well) she gave me 35 years ago! 

We ate some fine lunch, dropped Rithu off, and returned. Definitely a place to visit, perhaps attend a couple of meditation sessions. It really seems to be helping the people I know.

   

No comments: