Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Points for Facebook - Brought me a Lovely Forgotten Memory

I do nothing on facebook and avoid it as much as I can. But today in my mail I saw something that said 'memories from the past' or something of that sort. It had Feb 14 on it and i thought some sweet memory might be there - which it was by the way. It was a message from Susanta Das.

It goes back to 2011.

That was the time I was writing a funny column for The New Indian Express. I had written one about auto rickshaws in Hyderabad and how they were filled up to capacity or something.(Let me see if I can find that article somewhere).

Susanta Das was a reader from Orissa who read the column and emailed me. Ah, how sweet feedback is!

"Hi! gone through your article "pregnant autos" in sunday express. marvellous and humerous one. The plight of the triffic caused by these errie autos is superbly and sarcartically presented. I am still unable to cotrol laughing. The kind of impact you create on the readers through your writing is comandable.many a congrats."

Susanta apologised for the spellos since he as using his mobile but who cares about spellos. Am I glad I made someone laugh like this. Why am I not writing funny stuff anymore?

Maybe this might just be the nudge I needed to start again.

No comments: