Sunday, March 12, 2023

Manthan Talks - Yogendra Yadav

 Went to attend this talk by Yogendra Yadav on 'Reclaiming our Republic' by myself (great feat). I bumped into Sanjay Gadhalay as I walked in, saw many familiar faces, found a place to sit and enjoyed the talk.

Having been a psephologist, a politician and an activist, someone who walked the Bharat Jodo Yatra recently, he clarified why we have to save the Republic because it is under threat. Institutions were being compromised, voices being quietened. He had five remedies in which to save the Republic one of which was interestingly satire and another was speaking the language of the common people and not elitist English.

He said we must stop trying to speak negatively about Modi and instead talk of what we can do. e said we could take a leaf out of Modi's talks which are generally positive. Reminded me of the bet I had with Suresh years ago about Trump's election - I said he would win simply because everyone, including Hillary was talking about him. No one was talking about Hillary including herself in a good or bad way. Law of attraction! What you pay attention to, grows.

Interesting talk.  

No comments: