Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Thought for the Day - Winning Cultures HDFC and UBI

 I have a Union Bank of India account (transferred from Andhra Bank) which I have had for more than 40 years. UBI started a branch in our colony but I never got much money from that ATM because it never works. For the past year, never. I have tried other UBI ATMs but most have this problem.

UBI - on the right

Recently a new HDFC branch has come up next to the UBI one. On the other side of the road. The ATM always works, it has money, it is clean, it is well lit. The moment I draw money I get a message from UBI sulking that I have been cheating on it and going off to HDFC. 'Use our ATMs. Don' t go to other banks.. Charges will apply.'

HDFC - to the left

And last week I saw another heartening thing. Not just having ATMs that work, HDFC has also put up a board that says clearly - HDFC Bank and ATM for anyone who might miss that from the road.

It is this attention to detail, this extra mile that makes the difference. It shows they care for their customer.    

No comments: