Saturday, December 31, 2022

The Year That Was

It had been an interesting year for me, or in other words, a growing year. Maybe I broke out of something this year. To start with I got COVID in January and isolated. I read, watched movies etc and got in touch with myself, my feelings. A kind of sadness or 'huzun' took over me, and I felt people moving away from me, literally, emotionally. (On the bright side Anjali became Head Girl, published a short story, poems, wrote blogs, dealt with leadership issues and came out of them stronger.)

In February Ramu, our ever smiling dhobi next door who has been here for 24 years, moved back home - an event which saddened me considerably thanks to the low phase. A trip to Pune to help Milind shift to his new house, to Goa with Choudary and back, and we were into March. The one day workshop for the Andhra Cricket Association was a well-intentioned one by Madhu and then it fizzled off despite good reviews thanks to their own politics but I enjoyed doing it. March and April was also the time for my Arts Management class and I enjoyed teaching in person after a couple of years. Satish came in May and we went to Pune together to get some closure on the house. Jyo and Asha maushi left, Chitra left, Mythily, my sister, shifted to Mangalore to be with her son...one could see a lot of the old falling off. I found that difficult to cope and it showed on my health as well.

On the work front I put a lot of effort into fiction, writing for screen and learned a lot (another way of saying that it did not go anywhere but we have certain ideas). Much time and fun on 'The Wedding Ring', 'Duet etc. We formed a loose writers meets - Sagar and me mainly, Taher, and occasionally Sheetal - to discuss and write these ideas, gave some narrations and it stopped at that. I at least feel it gave me some exposure to the process. Its draining but great fun. All we need is someone to pay for me for writing!

It took me till November to get my bearings on my mental state and see things and emotions in perspective. The visit to Pushkar and Ajmer helped immensely. Now I feel I am out of it mentally and much better physically though not fully at the top of my health. But things are changing and moving towards the better so I will put it down to change.


The year in numbers 

Books read - 72

Movies watched - 72 

Story ideas developed (6) - Wedding Ring, Vipul Premier League, Selector, Anthology  of four stories, Duet, Abstract photographs

Publications

- Uploaded 25 videos of Canteen Fundas on YouTube - huge thanks to Sagar

- Books - Completed 'Osmania 1990' and sent it out to publishers 

- Columns (31) - Canteen Fundas (stopped in August)

-Blogs - 450 

Travel - Pune, Goa, Mumbai, Badami, Bijapur, Nargund, Pushkar, Ajmer, Jodhpur, Jaipur, Vajeedu, Laknavaram lake, Ramappa temple

Local - Maula Ali, Chilkur Balaji temple, Salarjung Museum, Public Gardens, Amar's Pensieve, 

Talks (2) - Brightcom, Epistimo School

Workshops (1) - - Motivational workshop for Andhra Cricket Association Under 25 team at Vizianagaram

-Attended (3) - Face Your Fears, Money Matters, Talk on Parenting by Aarti Rajalingam, Talk on Career Counselling by Ramakrishna, Family Constellations 

Teaching - Art Management -University of Hyderabad

Coaching - Hari, Hussain

Fitness - Continued walking and running (say 5 kms at 150 days would be 750 kms)

People met - Prof VM Shamraj, Sanjay Mukkhedkar, Ajay, Shadab, Kanishka, Gangaraju, Anil, Subbu, Shobhana, 

Gifts - Books, Shoes, Clothes, Travel (Pushkar), folder, flower vase, Isis - thanks are owed to Abhinay, Sagar, Nalini, Shobha, Anjali, Vasu 

YouTube Videos on Canteen Fundas - Sagar helped in making YouTube videos 

Writer's Meet - We had several writer's meets and lots of fun

Initiatives - Initiated two 'Joy of Sharing Club' activities in the colony and gave away my cricket kit, books and several other items

....


Much happened the last year - way more than I can capture in these numbers. I'll try to capture it all in more detail. 

 


No comments: