Friday, December 23, 2022

An Old Faithful Departs - Sony Bravia

 Sometime over a decade ago the HCA granted us former Ranji players a sum of Rs. 1 lakh for some reason. I don't think I saw a cheque that big then and was looking to see how to get rid of it. Luckily Choudary came home that morning and said we should buy a nice flat screen TV and bullied me into buying this Sony Bravia for some 67K. My heart bled. I would have bought myself a TV for 20K and somehow got rid of the rest.


But Choudary's pushing made me buy something that gave me so much pleasure over the past ten years. Yes, a minor hiccup here and there but that's about it. Hundreds of movies, matches, videos, pictures - ah, it shared so many lovely moments with us. 

And then, as any old friend does, it realised despite its failing years, that I wanted nothing more than watch the 2022 FIFA World Cup. It showed me every single match lovingly and two days after the final, retired. It blacked out. My repairman said I should retire it and I i will honour his advice.

Thank you for being with me in some of my most creatively productive years, for making me witness some wonderful stuff with some wonderful people. Golconda High School, the many movies that Sagar gave me to watch which so enhanced my understanding of movies, watching movies on cable TV, finding the world of OTT, keeping us entertained and sane during the pandemic, it has been one hell of a ride. 

Good bye my friend. Thanks Koni (he also made me buy a laser printer which was a huge help - still around with me - broken, battered but chugging on).    

2 comments:

Rajendra said...

I remember an ONIDA I used to have, in the days I watched TV or used it in conjunction with a DVD/VCD player.

Harimohan said...

Haha. And the EC TV. Sonodyne. Can't remember other brands though.