Thursday, June 6, 2024

Thought for the Day - Let Life Come to You

 I catch myself in a tizzy, in action, in preempting, in doing - hoping that it would help the gods see my worry and reward me. In doing so I forget that while I am caught up in all this needless activity, I am not allowing life's grand design to come to me. I busied myself so much that life's gifts (rather life itself) pass by on the outside.



Perhaps this is what they call an illusion or drama we have built for ourselves. We build our own narratives based on what we want to believe and live that life, fighting imaginary ghosts and windmills, while real life is waiting for us outside.

At times I wonder. What if I just sat quietly and watched life. What if I waited for life to show itself, to come to me, and then I act on it instead of preempting life and crying out in advance. What if all I have to do is wait and receive all that life brings to me.

I might suddenly find the greatest gift of all - what's best for me, for my life with what Life presents me. I can watch and be amazed, can act on what I want to. Can directly interact with life itself.

Can't wait to do that.

5 comments:

Saurabh said...

Hello great thought!

“Let’s see!” Today only I read about Patience from the book 50 Not Out. Great one! Thanks for the addition!

Harimohan said...

Thanks Saurabh. I am pleasantly surprised to hear that you are reading 50 no. I love that 'Let's see' attitude - opens doors we normally miss with excessive action. There's this thought in the book 'The Four Agreements' which says giving your best effort means giving only enough - not too little and not even too much.

And even more happier to see you here on the blog. Have fun.:)

Saurabh said...

Sir, thanks for your response. I have been reading the book quite earnestly. I think the book is to be read in a way that one truly acknowledges each of the lesson. I liked the the way you have written, it is as if somebody is just telling you about the lessons of life. And the best part, each of the lesson is being taken from the lovely game of Cricket.

Sir, I would like to quickly introduce myself further and also there’s a photograph I want to share with you.Sir, if it meets your approval we may communicate over email service. My email ID is saurabh.tejal@gmail.com.

Thanks for your kind response, sir.
Saurabh

Harimohan said...

Sure Saurabh. I'll email you in a day or two.

Saurabh said...

Okay sir! However, I have sent an email already to your email id which I got from one of your books itself.
h******p@gmail.com