Thursday, June 6, 2024

Thought for the Day - Expectations Come From Your Self Image

 Or more likely from what you think is the right thing to do. I find myself caught up in a tangle of expectations followed by disappointment and stuff like that. I realised that my expectations are high in places where I believe I am behaving a particular way - and expect others to reciprocate.



Chances are they won't. Simply because they do not know about my self-image or my self-imposed rules.They will just be themselves.

So how do I free myself of my expectations?

Simple. The oldest trick in the book. Break that image, burn that book of self-imposed rules and just be whatever you want. When there is no giving, there is no expecting or receiving.

From 'I am like this' which means 'they should be like this' you go to 'I am like nothing and I'll be whatever' and they can do what they want! See!

In fact it can really free you, free your space, free your energy.

Stop holding on tight to these old ideas. Let go. Be whatever. There's no expectations when there's nothing you are being. It's all fun.

Let go of old baggage. Begin a new story. Cut the self image. 

Free yourself. My guess - life will be more enjoyable this way.

No comments: