Monday, June 24, 2024

Thought for the Day - It's Not as Bad When You're Present

 Many times we get overwhelmed and the brain ceases to work. We just freeze. Work stops, stress builds, we seek ways to tackle stress and end up in a bigger mess most times. I was thinking of a recent situation when a huge task needed to be done, many things needed to be addressed and i was feeling burdened and overwhelmed.



My body gave up and I fell sick.

At that time I got this thought that instead of worrying about a situation where I will not be able to handle the job, I better take it moment by moment and take care to do what's in my control. So I got in touch with my doctors, took medicines, rested - did all i had to - and stayed in the moment. Let's see.

Turned out that my initial approach of being tentative soon became more confident and I could do more than I thought I could. Everyone pitched in and helped and things went smoothly. 

My big takeaway - things are not as bad as they appear if you take them moment by moment. instead of worrying, stay present and things work out better than you thought. It's also the best stress buster - staying present in the moment (which means not thinking about the scary scenarios of the future). 

No comments: