Sunday, June 9, 2024

Thought for the Day - It's Not the Inflow, It's what You Do wIth It

 While writing the journal I suddenly came across this thought - we ask for becoming rich, for increasing the inflow and stuff like that but actually the inflow is only an enabler. It's not what I should be asking for.



I should actually be asking for what I want to do once I get the inflow. I get money and do nothing with it is pretty dumb. Or I don't know what to do with it or how to use it. Why am I asking for money or wealth then? I think that is the case with most people, they want an abundance of stuff with no idea why - that's just greed!

I would like to flip it over now and ask for the experience that I want - like if I want to enjoy a nice place to live in I can ask for that dream house, a vacation, a car, an outing, a loving relationship, a lovely life by myself, a great meal, good friends whatever. I will probably get them without having to buy them - I could get a house on rent or inherit one (I did), somebody could sponsor a vacation (yes, all the time), can gift a car (my brother did), an outing (many), loving relationships (so many) - if you are getting all these you are rich. Definitely richer than someone who has all the money but no idea what to do with it - as in really enjoying the experience as opposed to buying the experience to show off. 

Yes, having a great inflow is brilliant but like Socrates says in 'The Way of the Peaceful Warrior' bring rich only means that you have enough to take care of what you need. To know what you need is wisdom. And knowing that you get what you need from the Universe, from whoever is providing you, is true abundance. True receptivity.

So then, focus on the experience and not the means to get that experience. Leave that to the Universe and just accept the experience when it comes your way.

 

1 comment:

Rajendra said...

I have always wondered what the super-rich guys like politicos do with their wealth.. found no answers.