Monday, February 5, 2024

Acha Phir Milenge Mihir

 Mihir Thatte remained an enigma to me - though I know him for over thirty years now. He was a bit of a rebel always, the elder of Shobha's cousins group, an activist, always fighting the system for social causes. It looked like he fought almost everything. A serious accident on the Pune-Mumbai Expressway which had two fatalities in the car he was driving, many months and surgeries in the hospital, a lonely life of which i knew little.On my last visit to Pune I spent time with him because we drove to Girivan together and we had a fine chat. A sudden illness and then he was gone. I think he would say something like Acha Phir Milenge.

Mihir Thatte

Puneite forever. Pune will never be the same without him. That said, life will never be the same either.

Mihir with Suhita

     

No comments: