Thursday, February 29, 2024

A Surprise, Welcome Gift!

 I was surprised and frankly a mite apprehensive when I saw a message on my phone - Blue Dart delivery. I had not ordered anything so what was this? Anyway I found out that there had indeed been a delivery at home, the size of a few books, but not books. Back home from the University I went about opening the package and what do I find - a One Plus Nord phone. I looked for the sender. My nephew Abhishek from Bangalore.



 I messaged him right away wondering what this was about. Maybe it was to be a gift for Anjali! He messaged back.

'You use the phone a lot Hari mama,'he said. 'You need a new phone. I saw the pictures on your blog. Grainy. Decided you will not buy one until this breaks down, so got you this. It has a good camera.'

I am blown. How thoughtful. How generous. How beautiful.

A few weeks ago it was my brother Ram who asked me to take his old Vivo phone. I did not know that they had all seen my faithful Nokia and were not too impressed with it. I did not yet get down to the phone my brother had given because the season was in progress (and I did not want to lose any data) but this new phone came just in time - right after the end of the season.

And I think of the many angels in my life who keep thinking of me, helping me along, buying me such generous gifts, giving me time, energy and love, and I truly understand the meaning of the word 'blessed'. It's a beautiful world out there.

I am also aware of the fact that something in me also opened myself up to receive such love from all hose around me, all who wish me well. I sometimes wonder why they do that, but I am glad they do!

Love you all. 


No comments: