Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Anjali - Zor, Kroor and Sona go Missing

 I was surprised to find Anjali very composed when she told me that three of the four pups were missing from a couple of days. Akela, the mother, and Zindagi, were still around. Anjali went around following Akela to see where the pups were but Akela generally went for her normal outing and came back. zindagi was lolling about by herself.

Zor and Kroor 


Just like that.

Guess that's how nature is. I am still not ruling out the possibility that the three month old pups will come back - adorable little ones. Anjali was quite calm.

'I know they are old enough now to forage,'  she said. 'I am not too worried now. They will be able to look after themselves.'

She still feeds Akela and Zindagi and plays with them every few hours.

'Will you get upset if Zindagi goes away too?' I asked.

'No,' she said. 'If they they have to go, they will go. I am ok with that.'

Nice. Looks like I am the softy at home.

But Anjali, for treating them so well and caring for them so dutifully, feeding them, playing with them, protecting them, a big hurrah. I'm sure they will always remember you and your love.

And wherever you three are, have a good life!

No comments: