Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Thought for the Day - What Excites Us is What We Want

 Many times they say - what do you want, what are your goals? And we saw success, money etc. And they say, affirmations, visualisations - get excited about what you want. And we are like - hey, i don't know if I'll get it so why be excited about it?

I am one of those people who doesn't get excited by much.



The logic struck me the other day though. If I am saying i dearly want it, I should be excited right? Why do I not get excited? Because  I am scared it may not come or if it comes, i am scared I can't handle it? Actually you know what - I don't want it.

So we have already rejected it.

But my new insight is, be excited as if it is already here, it is within you, like you are already owning it, driving it - hallucinate. In fact it might be a good idea o have parties like that - visualisation, hallucination parties. Just let go and feel good about having it, owning it.

Two keys - owning it NOW. Feeling good that we own it NOW.

Compress life, your future into your present and ramp up the excitement. It's like celebrating even before the birthday comes  - well you can't beat such people right?

I finally got it. Be excited about life, about what we want, celebrate like its already here. You can't lose when you're in celebratory mood. I would like to bring in 1% of this celebration, this excitement into my life starting now.

No comments: