Saturday, May 22, 2021

A 14 Day Isolation - And Changed Architecture in My Room

 So Vasu and I decided to visit Beauty Green for some work. Since the cases were increasing we thought about the pros and cons - we were both fully vaccinated two  weeks ago and had not been meeting too many people so we decided it was safe enough. We were together for three hours before we came back. Two days later Vasu called and said that one of his consultants he knew had tested positive and he had tested positive too.


That set off all sorts of alarm bells ringing in my head. I set off to do a test immediately and isolated myself in Anjali's room and decided to follow the protocol for 14 days anyway. I moved my laptop, my stuff, books, clothes, toiletries and sat down in the room. Now I had done a 10 day Vipassana course so this would not be tough except for the worry about testing positive or having passed it on to others I had met. Shobha was half-vaccinated, but Anjali was not. I had briefly met Ranjan the day before so he was worried too.

Couple of days later the test results came and they were negative which was a huge relief. I still decided to isolate and stay away. I realised the mind plays tricks and its easy to worry and panic if the oxymeter mistakenly shows a weird number or if you cough once. Your mind goes to extremes. I decided to cut off reading news, talking to negative people, watching scary movies. I decided to watch and read funny movies and books. And speak to those who would put me in a good space.

The changed architecture in Anjali's room aided my productivity and I quickly upped my writing. I caught up with some other things I had been meaning to do - blogs, writing work, mails, people. Shobha was fantastic as always in a crisis - she has this stoic response that focuses on the positive, does not get too worried and has a practical and balanced view. So she took it on herself to serve me all that I needed and after the first week and ten days we all breathed easy. The toughest thing was not meeting Anjali of course and we kept in touch over the phone.

I returned back to my room and instantly changed the architecture inside. I found that this new set up already has improved my productivity. And surely the isolation has improved my perspective on many things as well. 

No comments: