Saturday, February 27, 2021

Thought for the Day - Light and Loose

Life gets too serious and heavy for many reasons. Pretty clearly we are all looking how to get out of that state and get into a happy and free state. 

Most times we don't know what to do.


The other day I heard my friend Uma talk about how she continuously focuses on her body feelings and keeps it loose - "loosen up" - is what she says. I did not get what the meant until I tried it, consciously looked at my body and tried to be loose. I realised how stressed or 'tight' my body was normally, like I was continuously

- waiting to be found out

- having to prove myself

- like I was always wrong

- like I had to be always on my guard

I realised how much of my time was spent in fighting the future, fighting something that was not yet true, that might not ever come true, preparing for them and being continuously tense about it. Since it happens unconsciously, I realised that being light and loose, in the body, works in reverse and loosens my mind too.

From the fears of my past and my doubts about the future I become present - and then fear and doubt and the related tension drop off. I can smile.

So continuously check the body, drop off the tension of the future, loosen up, become light, become present, and am aware. The drama is gone.

There is nothing to hide, nothing to prove, nothing wrong and I don't have to always be on my guard. I can trust. I can let go.   

I can enjoy the moment.       

No comments: