Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Tenzin is Back - With Some Poems This Time!

 It's now been close to six months since Raju and Gowri, Tenzin's sponsors, have moved from Singapore to Hyderabad. Though we planned to meet all this while, something or the other kept the plans in the backburner. And then Gowri said Tenzin was coming to visit them and he would like to meet us too. I said he could come over and stay the day with us and Tenzin was more than happy to come. So Raju and Gowri came over and dropped Tenzin for the day.


Tenzin looked just the same and after we all chatted, he ever so thoughtfully and quietly pulled out gifts for us - tea for Shobha, special tea for my BP, brittle peanut candy for Anjali and even some precious pills and medicine for Ranjan. My sisters Mythily and Peddakka wanted to meet him and he examined them, a medico studying Tibetan as he is, and then offered to give them a rigorous massage which gave them much pain and even tired him out. That evening he took over the kitchen and made some wonderful momos. I took him out for a drive to Tank Bund and he was glad to see the statue of the Buddha in the middle of the lake.

Next morning I had to leave for a function and Tenzin engaged in a chat with Shobha, checked her, gave a massage, and left.

...

On Friday we visited Gowri and Raju and stayed over for a meal. it was Losar, the Tibetan New year so Shobha gifted Tenzin some cup cakes. We spent a fine evening with them over drinks, dinner and some fine conversation. 


...

Tenzin shared some poems he had written - one about his father who is in Tibet and from whom he has been separated for several years now - was touching. So were his other poems, full of intense feeling and thought. I asked him if I could publish them here along with a picture of his mother and father and he agreed. 


So here they are. He writes under a pen name - The Tramp. 


Dear tree

I saw u after long enough

Never thought!!!!

You would be changed that much

Really  you became so old 

Regarding to your age 

No much leafs 

So dry and thine 

But you  still gowing there 

Just for my return

Your hope and wishs are same as before

You tried to smile and strong 

As you don't want me to sad

But I can understand

It's too cool in your heart 

And too watering in your eyes

How would I blame to karma

Tears and tears 

                      By Tramp

(This I suspect, is about his father)



A Leaf!..


A single leaf falling down
In my hands
When I rest under a
Big and heavy tree
May be it's noticed my lonesome
Sooo!!!..... Understandable


It's playing dance in my hands
With blowing of cool breeze
May be it's trying to make me joy
Really!!!..... thanks


It's advicing me and inspiring me
When I am working hard
And trying to achieve an impossible aim
It's raining on time!!!...


It's asked me about my feelings
And sorrows
May be it's want to help me
And solve it
Oh!!!..... I am not alnoe


I stare,stare ,stare and stare
In a sudden it's became invisible
I shocked and surprised
But I can hear a words call Nagrii


Sigh....sigh....
May be it's a magical leaf
Anyway i hate that leaf
Yet want it's be back
To in my hands!!!!....


(Moon in the night)

Dear moon

You are so bright in heart

You are so  simple in covered 

I am not lucky to see you everytime

I can see you only in the  night 

But not whole night 

Dear moon 

I Begain to give to attention toward you 

Is it beginning of falling in love with you ?
Because i am waiting for you every night 

But you rise only some time 

Whenever i see you rising there 

I dont want to lose chance to look at you 


Dear moon 

You are beautiful from in and out

Especially during the full moon 

When you are going to set down 

My world is so dark and black 

Yet your image is always there in my heart 

Its never will be vanished 

That is why i dreamed you many time 

Dear moon 

Our distance is so long yet so close

However its my pleasure to have you some time ! 
                          By Tramp


Hey!! guitar 

I saw deferent kind of you 
When I step street to high way 
But my poor heart made you a unique
And valued you a valuable 
I shocked and asked myself why?  
It's says you are a simple guitar that it's hasn't ever seen  before
And want to work hard for that 
Is it correct that what it's says or not?
Anyway I must be follow my  heart!!!
                                 
                            By Tramp





The poems give an insight into his mind, his thoughts and emotions. Staying away from his family, not having an identity or a passport, growing up and making decisions all by himself, trying to secure a better future for himself while at the same time trying to repay the world for the good it gave him, Tenzin is clear that he wants to be a compassionate doctor. His compassion and gentleness shows already in his still, peaceful face as he approaches a patient. I enjoyed reading his poems and didn't touch a word - they are perfect as they are, imperfections and all. And I am glad he expresses himself through his writing because he is otherwise never prone to display his innermost feelings. 

Keep writing more poems Tenzin.


        

No comments: