Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Running in Kondhwa Early in the Morning

 I felt good enough for a run after the drive and took off in some general direction. Now Pune is full of undulating hills and Kondhwa seems to be on the edge of one so there were a lot of ups and downs. I took the road past NIBM and headed straight up.


 NIBM has a large campus and I realised I was circling it. The straight road kept rising until a severe slope at the end after which it turned right. The seemed to be the highest point in that place. On my left, I could see a newly built Sainik Vihar, devoid of trees, lots of concrete, to the right a huge complex, very impressive.


Up ahead I could see outlines of the hills, Sahyadris perhaps, and lots of construction activity, and lot of open spaces too. This is where they are building a new town it looks like. To my left I saw a lovely eatery called Cafe Peter, in red and white, nice music playing early in the morning. Someday i plan to visit this place. Some other cute places, pubs, breweries, all small and cosy like the ones we see in Goa. I jogged down the road and found an Iani cafe as well. 


From there the run was down the road so I thought I'd experiment and try to circle the NIBM. I asked a couple of helpful souls and they said I could take a right and end up where I started. I passed some dog lovers who seemed to be having a meeting, passed some more interesting shops and malls, crossed over a kacha road and hit a plush section of that part of town. Another mall and then a Dorabjee mall and I could sense I was jogging down the hill, hurtling towards the NIBM main entrance. 


5 km or so, with ups and downs, quite enjoyable. Need to explore those eateries next time.


No comments: