Monday, January 4, 2021

A First - Test Driving a Sonet

 I never test drove a car in my life until today. My first car, I had no idea how to drive, not much anyway, so I took a bunch of friends along and Koni drove. Those days I would take a bunch of friends along for everything (including a movie date!) Koni suddenly left me with the car and I had to somehow manage to drive home which was good - I had some sense but not enough confidence. My second car was another Santro so nothing to drive about and all I did was sit inside and get a feel since the design had changed a bit from the Zip Drive to the Zip Plus. Today I decided to test drive the Sonet which looked pretty good to me.

Now this Sonet showed up suddenly before me when I was in Hyderabad - say a day before I left. The car was parked outside our house in the apartment and me and Mani walked over and checked it out. It looked good and I was surprised to find that it was as big as the Seltos and looked like a good car. So today, i decided to walk in and check it out, drove to Crystal Auto at Tilak Road and asked for a Test drive. Mayuresh explained the features of the car very patiently and Shobhs and I listened and when he asked me what I was looking for specifically I told him it should go from place A to B and that's it. 

The petrol car was not available so we drove the diesel car which was fine by me. It had a nice solid feel, looked well packed for its price and range and looks a very good buy indeed. Tomorrow I want to test drive a couple of Suzuki cars for comparison.

No comments: