Saturday, March 16, 2024

Song of the Day - Guzar Jaye Din Din

 Last night while driving back from Shamshabad with Mani in his nifty Range Rover I asked him to play music and he instantly switched on the FM. I caught a strain of an old song that had a nice uplifting mood to it and checked it out on YouTube. 

'Guzar Jaye Din Din' by Kishore Kumar from Annadata. Fell in love with the way he goes '...kisi ki haye yadon mein, kisi ke haye baaton mein, kisike mulaquaton mein, hai yeh silsile, kab se chale, khwab mere, ho gaye rangeen...' (someone wrote in the comments section on YouTube that Kishore Kumar had to do 18 retakes for this song).

I played it a hundred times today on my walk and was singing aloud many times without realising it causing other walkers some amused looks and smiles. But what to do when a song hits you like that, reminds you of all that filled your heart in so many years! Makes you want to do a SRK and open your arms wide - and receive all that the world has to give.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1ZBFOzNUxw


 Interestingly, I asked Mani his fav song and he said 'Jab deep jale aana' and one more song I fail to recollect.

No comments: