Saturday, March 9, 2024

Thought for the Day - Dropping Hurt and Disappointment

 When I turned 40 I had this great realisation. That guilt and shame were completely useless emotions to entertain. Life has been pretty good since then.



The other day I had another realisation and decided to add two more to this small list - hurt and disappointment. I realised both come from a space of feeling like a victim. There's no point being extra sensitive to hurt (which can be used to manipulate or to anesthetise ourselves against any learning) nor is there any benefit in being disappointed (which shows that one is tied to some idea of perfection which will not allow us to see reality as it is and flow with it.

The amount of time I wasted being hurt and disappointed is crazy and I am feeling rather stupid about it all.Good for drama and nothing else.

Time to grow up and move on. Travel light! Drop hurt and disappointment.  

No comments: