Friday, October 9, 2026

The Bentota Days - Day 4

Since the idea was to leave the Hotel Eden at Beruwala by 9, I headed off for a long walk on the beach.
 Another barefoot one hour walk that was very refreshing. I walked to the end and got back. Dressed up, breakfast and we were on our way. 
Mendis drove us along the coastal road which had some stunning architecture - government buildings, churches, temples, schools, homes - quite stunning.
 Unfortunately I couldn't not l get pictures as we sped off quite fast. 
In Colombo Mendis drove us along the Marine Drive which had many shacks and restaurants along the beach. There's a rail line right next to the beach with some quaint railway stations - you have to cross the tracks to get to the shacks. 
Mendis then showed us the Port City, a whole city that is being constructed from reclaimed land. It is a very well planned, ambitious project. Lovely. We drove through and city and then headed out to the airport.
Thanks Naresh. Lovely trip. 


No comments: