Monday, June 19, 2023

The Best Father's Day Gift I could Get

 So Anjali sent me this message (and also put out a reel on Instagram with 'Honey Honey' by ABBA in the background) and this is simply the best Father's gift I can get ever. Thank you Anjali for making it so beautiful and for making being a father such a cherished experience!

 


[8:29 am, 18/06/2023] Anjali Paruvu: Dear Nana,

What big words and adjectives will properly describe how very much you mean to me and how you've helped me grow and thrive. You carry yourself with confidence, with humility, with love. You have a way of making people feel sage and understood, they just know they can trust you. You're kind and sensitive, yet put your thoughts across suavely. I don't tend to look at you through the eyes of a stranger, but you are an incredible human being.

For a father, I couldn't ask for anything else. Of course there are those big days, those big gifts, those occasions. But its the everyday things you do that make me so grateful. Picking me up whenever I need you, cranking the music up all the way in my car, the long tear jerking emails on my birthday, the constant proposal of roti Anda, the cut mango on the table, the clean room I come home to, the endless support for whatever new passion I've picked up, the concern in your face when someone treats me not so well, the random hug in the middle of the day, the stopping in front of your office door to try and see what I'm watching on TV so that we can talk, the question of ' Should I cut my hair",  the sit down talks when I feel awful, the lullaby when I cant sleep all night.

You are everything I could ask for and more

I love you so so so so much Nana

And I'm sorry I don't appreciate that enough

️😁

No comments: