Sunday, June 18, 2023

Pleasant Surprise - Post on LinkedIn by Madara Thalduwa

 Nothing much happens on LinkedIn for me so I was pleasantly surprised to see this wonderful post by Madara Thalduwa about '50 Not Out'. Moments like this are when you think that the effort was fully worth it. Thanks Madara. I am so glad you found the book useful.



 'When in line, the batter has a clear line of sight which enable him to deal with the ball appropriately - defend, attack or leave alone. Batters who run away from the ball towards square leg are dead meat. Word gets around. Face hostile situations directly. When you get a clear picture of the situation, you can decide the course of action with more clarity - whether to engage or leave alone'.

Came across this quick read by Harimohan Paruvu at a random visit to the book store. Finding solace in this book, I understood that we tend to underestimate the importance of a relatable medium of communication when giving and seeking advice. Some of the concepts that I could not comprehend though my own efforts or when it was explained to me by someone else, were given a new meaning through the analogies that were made.

10/10 would recommend whether you are a player, fan or someone looking for a fun way to understand the game." - Madara Thalduwa on LinkedIn

No comments: