Sunday, May 1, 2022

And the CD Collection Goes!

 Unlike the cassette collection of mine which I do not propose to let go of, I am quite OK to let go of my CD collection. This includes all the movies and music CDs we bought over the years (some of them unopened for later use), some gifted. Many memories though - of CDs in cars, of travelling with the CD boxes and listening to songs unendingly (unlike cassettes which would end after 45 minutes). The CD player in the car got spoilt and music went out until I got a new contraption that could play the USB. 

So I got them all out and took pictures of them - difficult to get them going without having some memory. Here they are. 

Anjali's collection

'Lion King', we must have watched many times as we did 'Finding Nemo', 'Pinocchio' and 'Charlie Chaplin'. I bought that 'Pacific' CD in a rush of being educational.
More Anjali's

We watched 'Jungle Book', 'Madagascar', Chicken Little', 'Snow White', 'Sound of Music', 'Shark Tale' and 'Bolt'. But what I watched the most was 'Kung Fu Panda'.
This is a bunch I retained after the last round of CD collection - Angoor I watched so many times as did 'Chariots of Fire' and 'Harischandrachi Factory'. I have no idea why I bought Fashion, Dhoom and Ishquiya. I think I never watched 'Jab we met'
Retained two - Ankahee (Suhita's and Jayant's) and Golconda High School

Mukti - crazy! Watched 'Stuart Little', 'Piku', 'Naram Garam', 'Chupke Chupke', 'Padosan', 'Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na', 'Anand', 'Chak De', 'Jaane bhi do yaaron', 'Rang Birangi', 'Chalti ka naam gaadi'. All funnies!


'Chasme Buddoor', 'Baat Ban Jaye' and 'Dil to Pagal hai' we watched many times. Missed watching 'Anjali' though we bought it with the best of intent.
Music CDs

After geting rid of some 50 odd CDs I still found some more left - the 500 songs collection is a great one Shobhs bought and the Sufi ones are also her buys - definitely the Shahrukh ones too!
And some more - I bought the Buddha Lamp CD in the Tibetan settlement at Dehradun and the Divine Chants is a gift from Choudary or at least a recommendation from him

I kept these because there are many thoughtful gifts among these - Marla gifted me Krishna Das and a couple more, Malay's CDs with some fine collections. 

What wonderful times I have had with these CDs. Most of them made long journeys with me in the car, the movies we watched again and again and perked up our moods. Fantastic. I think at that time I must have thought this collection would come in handy for the next generation but little did we know that they would have access to the whole world at the tip of their fingers and at a fraction of the cost - or no cost!

I'll come back and visit this page again.

No comments: