Monday, May 30, 2022

The Pune Diaries - Day 4 (May 13, 2022)

Day 4 was more about clearing stuff and sleeping the heat off and walking with Milind and drinking cold coffee at Durga. Raja left and we continued with the clearing work, emptying cupboards. getting quotes to ship the furniture etc. Found some priceless stuff like this identity card of Kaka, Shobha's father, when he worked at Singareni Collieries.

Kaka's id card (Pic Satish N)

Marla and Satish - eons ago 



Shobha and Anjali went to watch Dr Strange at City Pride and Milind landed up with some beer so we sat at home and chatted for a while until it was time for the movie to get over. I think we planned a meal at Barometer but Milind was of the opinion that Barometer was better for breakfast. Anyway Satish and I went over to pick them up and we discovered that Barometer had a huge waiting time.



We turned around and went directly to the ever reliable Fish Curry and Rice. The waiter was pretty surprised to hear Satish order chicken biryani - in a place called Fish Curry and Rice? Anyway, we assured him that all was well and he did manage to get some chicken curry going. Fish Curry and Rice is always a nice place to go to.


Watched some boring IPL game on TV and crashed out. Reading the book 'Why we sleep' is giving me a lot of ideas of how to sleep and how I may have missed out on much. I realise that despite my best intentions I cannot get any work done on my manuscript this trip so I dutifully put it away.       

No comments: